Not for love of money, but of Humanity. "Greater is he who works for the good of all, then he who works for the good of himself only" ~ Matthew 25:40: "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"- (NIV). I live in Singapore where the Emperor must not be disturbed.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Reply to: 'TDYonline19May2010': ''Progress being made in Ionescu prosecution''
If Mr G Yeo really wants to speed things up, he'd just pick up the phone and give his Romanian counterpart, Mr Teodor Baconschi a telephone call/ email and the 2 settle how to bring Ionescu to justice.
Tell or dun tell us everything about the 'secret plan' never mind, as we trust Mr Yeo and will all be able to see 'progress' through regularly updating news reports.
What we are just waiting to hear is some sense of ownership by a Minister, "Our officers are doing their job and both Mr Teodor Baconschi and myself are monitoring the progress of the Ionescu issue"
Otherwise, the rest is just wayang show, including 'original scenes' like:
- Romanian 'love letters' dated 11Feb, received only 8March2010 by SG MFA- [TDYonline10Apr2010] 'Romania's MFA gives its account'
- Interpol red notice, put on then take off, thanks to Interpol 'rubber stamp courier services ltd' due to SG's 'undiplomatic' use of A39.2.
- Ionescu appealing to 'wrong court' against a 'suspended' Interpol notice- see 7May: 'Bid to stop arrest fails'.
- Ionescu making wild allegations to press until his getting '29days detention', (to keep him from helping the press sell newspapers maybe).
- Romanian Investigators having 'waited their turn' for possibly>100days- till after SG coroner ceremoniously pronounced Ionescu as responsible for the accidents along with envoy-from-Singapore's scheduled visit- [ST16May2010]: 'Romania welcomes envoy'.
- The (Romanian) investigators now being delayed in getting "clearance 'on their side'"etc- [TDYonline19May2010]: 'Progress being made in Ionescu prosecution
Are all just a 'wayang' just a waste of time if there is no one really coordinating- and mutually embarrassing publicly.
After almost 43 years of mutual relations, our Ministers cannot 'face' each other except by 'coincidence' whilst waiting waiting for an audience with Pope Benedict at St Peter's Square in 21Apr2010?
Please lah, the only person around enjoying all this 'attention' must be Ionescu himself as he seeks more loopholes in the mutual effort of the Sovereigns to make his appeals to various courts.
And maybe the 'Pope' himself whose 'great demand' was cause of the 'delay' - which resulted in the miraculous meeting between ministers- without which the 2 might have never met nor spoken.
Please read my [11May2010] forum article: 'The book of law should be read in spirit, from front to back and not vice versa'
And other posts in this thread. (Those by 'Trousers Press' are misleading if not vulgar- so do be warned).
"If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out.
To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it"~ Mother Teresa
- Mother Teresa Quotes: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...er_teresa.html
- [TDYonline10Apr2010] 'Romania's MFA gives its account': "(Romanian ) Minister of Justice put in a request on Feb 11 for an "international rogatory commission"... to look into the details of the case, Singapore's MFA said the proposal was only conveyed to Singapore on March 8"
- [Bucharestherald.ro,8April2010]: 'International search warrant for Romanian diplomat Silviu Ionescu': "România and Singapore established on 30 May 1967, diplomatic relations.."
- [TDYonline23April2010]: 'A chance meeting at the Vatican'
- [ST,7May2010]: 'Bid to stop arrest fails': "The Bucharest Court of Appeals on Thursday overruled his request, deeming it inadmissible but said he could still appeal to the High Court of Justice".
- [CNA,8May2010]: 'Ionescu detained for questioning by Romanian authorities'
- [SGforums, 11 May2010]: 'The book of law should be read in spirit, from front to back and not vice versa'
- [ST16May2010]: 'Romania welcomes envoy': "Singapore invited Romanian investigators to the republic... over a month ago. It appointed Mr Nayar to go to Romania when the European country was unable to finalise dates for the visit".
- [TDYonline19May2010]: 'Progress being made in Ionescu prosecution
This/ equivalent topic related message(s) has/ have been posted/ reflected at the following forums:
21May2010: Ex-envoy (Doctor of Dispicable Crimes) Ionescu not protected by immunity, with discrete mention at:
08May2010: Romanian Embassy Diplomatic Car Hit & Run
08May2010: Nothing diplomatic about this immunity
21May2010: Romanian diplomat Ionescu was the driver in fatal hit-and-run; with discrete mention at:
07May2010: Possible consequences on Singapore-Romania relations: analysts
19May2010:Romanian diplomat's car in hit-and-run: cover up?
19May2010: ROMANIA Tells Singapore Garment To "** **** ********". And They Are Correct!
09May2010: Romania jailed Dracula Ionescu for 29 days! 3 Cheeers for Mr George Yeo & GMS
19May2010: Interpol Red Notice of arrest against Silviu Ionescu suspen
18May2010: Ionescu to appeal to Romanian High Court to cancel arrest warrant
15May2010:A grave injustice
My Car forum:
21May2010: Silviu Ionescu continues to enjoy diplomatic immunity
21May2010:Ionescu: The book of law should be read in spirit, from front to back and not vice versa.