Hi, 'Just turned 50' (I am a Guest)
|@'Just turned 50' : 20/05/2010 3:17 PM: "BC is suggesting, by his fine interpretion of the VCDR, that the Singapore Government response in this case is inappropriate !" |
- Your exclamation at the end of your sentence, unfortunately betrays 2 facts> that despite understanding my reasoning behind the FP (first post)- i.e. 'The book of law should be read in spirit, from front to back and not vice versa' @source: http://www.sgforums.com/forums/3317/...8#post_9779656 , U are unable to accept the 'truth'.
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: "by those statements, you are suggesting that our Singapore responses is wrong".|
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: "What our government did was to step up pressure,when diplomatic third party notes and the recalling of their embassador for consultation clearly did not have the desired results. Until that interpol notice was issued, the Romanian responses have been all talks but no action".|
- the failure of the Romanian ambassador to conclude the Ionescu case is thus no excuse for the flagrantly 'undiplomatic' use of A39.2 by SG- the remnants of which (a 'suspended' Interpol notice) remain a spanner in the works of cementing mutual relations, not to mention the currently important Ionescu saga at hand.
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: "If this was to happen in Indonesia or Malaysia, there would have been demonstration in the streets already!"|
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: "To answer to the citizen of Singapore, and to entrench our position within the nations of the world, our government will have to consider breaking of diplomatic relation if all else failed."|
- If U indeed support our gov, please stop your nonsensical posts as its people like U who pressure the govt by saying " our government will have to consider breaking of diplomatic relation if all else failed"- why are U talking about "all else has failed" when there is evidently progress being made, are U a warmonger?
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: " We of course will not appreciate this outcome, "|
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: "therefore the interpol notice and bringing the case to EU attention is what we call application of international pressures".|
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: "Remember Michael Fay from the USA ? If we cane him, notwithstanding the personel appeal of a US president, and the very strong US media pressure at that time, how can we let this scrumbag get away hiding under the perceived immunity of this VCDR."|
- "perceived immunity of this VCDR" - this is thus a wrong assumption (my FP has already explained).
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: "By the way, Israel send out hit teams when they could not touch the organiser of terrorist actions against their country, by legal channel. The CIA and the former KGB plus a host of many other countries are known to have employed hit squads.That is an example of the phase "by HOOK or by CROOK". What options that our government have exercise so far, are all well within the norms of diplomatic recourses!"|
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: "I have read somewhere that a very similiiar accident happened in Romania some years ago, and the US diplomat involved, got away scot free. Now if we were to let this 'drunk, womaniser,liar and coward get away, that will be an excellent example of '2 wrongs does not make it right'."|
- Whilst the effort to bring Ionescu to justice is commendable, the immediate use of such 'undiplomatic' methods isn't. I have already alluded to in my first post what, in the spirit of the VCDR, that protocol ought to be, so please do read it again.
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: "Singapore is just 1 little dot in the world ! Time and again, we have to stand up to greater nations then Romania, like the USA and China, when necessary (always ensuring that we are on sound and reasonable grounds)".|
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: "That is why we are able to command the respect of the world and consistently punched way, way above our weight in the world of geo-political plays!"|
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: "Dear BC, please think through your case again."|
|@'Just turned 50':21/05/2010 3:49 PM: " Thanks for your birthday greeting ! "|
Its not healthy to wear 'rose tinted' glasses all of the time.
Do have a nice day,
"If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out.
To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it"~ Mother Teresa
This/ equivalent topic related message(s) has/ have been posted/ reflected at the following forums:
23May2010: Ex-envoy (Doctor of Dispicable Crimes) Ionescu not protected by immunity, with discrete mention at:
08May2010: Romanian Embassy Diplomatic Car Hit & Run
08May2010: Nothing diplomatic about this immunity
23May2010: Romanian diplomat Ionescu was the driver in fatal hit-and-run; with discrete mention at:
07May2010: Possible consequences on Singapore-Romania relations: analysts
23May2010:Romanian diplomat's car in hit-and-run: cover up?
23May2010: ROMANIA Tells Singapore Garment To "** **** ********". And They Are Correct!
09May2010: Romania jailed Dracula Ionescu for 29 days! 3 Cheeers for Mr George Yeo & GMS
23May2010: Interpol Red Notice of arrest against Silviu Ionescu suspen
18May2010: Ionescu to appeal to Romanian High Court to cancel arrest warrant
15May2010:A grave injustice
My Car forum:
23May2010: Silviu Ionescu continues to enjoy diplomatic immunity
23May2010:Ionescu: The book of law should be read in spirit, from front to back and not vice versa.