Not for love of money, but of Humanity. "Greater is he who works for the good of all, then he who works for the good of himself only" ~ Matthew 25:40: "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"- (NIV). I live in Singapore where the Emperor must not be disturbed.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A1 forum software error/ security hacked?


Quote:
Originally Posted by amfreeaccess View Post
Hi, I'm BicCherry, but when I log in, it says:
Welcome amfreeaccess  You last visited Today at 12:50PM
So this post is to check if there's a software lapse at the A1 forums with 'amfreeaccess' account and mine.

When checking the 'user CP' function, I was able to access 'amfreeaccess' avatar and signature.

This security breech involving the privacy of 'amfreeaccess' is unacceptable and I hope that the same is not occurring for mine.

A1 forums, please do something about this unacceptable state of affairs if indeed I'm posting as 'amfreeaccess'.

Tks,
Rds
B.C.
Nope, I think the account have not been hacked into...

If you understand database, you will know that a quick search is by using index tables. When you have a corrupted index table, this happens. The Admin just have to do a re-index which is part of a normal back-up to get the index correct again. It had happened to me before. Wait awhile and login again...
Major contributor

kooldog59's Avatar

Status: Offline
Posts: 3,350
Join Date: Jun 2009
      

No comments:

Post a Comment